Flashing will fix software issues, IMEI related issues, and improve device performance. Android flash files are files that are added to the system or completely replace the system. You can make changes not only to flash files/system partitions but also to other partitions such as boot partition or user data. Android phones and tablets are usually much more than operating systems like iOS, Ti zen, or Windows 10 Mobile.
Unlike a Recovery ROM, installing a Fastboot ROM requires your device to have an unlocked bootloader. If you haven’t done this already, then just download the official Mi Unlock Tool and follow the instructions here. Regular software updates are a major contributing factor to a manufacturer’s success in this competitive smartphone market. Xiaomi is an Android device maker that releases MIUI software updates for all its devices on a regular basis.
- Open the updater app on your phone – Select the three dots from the top corner and choose the update package.
- First of all, you need to download the official stock ROM from the above-given link flash your device.
- These updates sometimes come only to the beta testers or in selected regions first, followed by a bigger global release later down the line.
However, both these methods call for quite a lot of manual efforts. This is why users prefer to flash the firmware via TWRP. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. So without further ado, here are the required instructions to install the MIUI Stock ROM on Xiaomi devices via the TWRP Recovery. To upgrade, update or fix minor software problems on your phone, flashing via stock Mi recovery is recommended.
- Installing a custom ROM can void your device warranty.
- In this guide, i share how to Update XIAOMI Stock Firmware – All Methods.
- Lastly, the phone is fueled by a Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery + Fast charging 120W.
In computer language, the ROM stands for READ ONLY MEMORY that means you can not edit or delete the ROM. However, when it comes to Android there is a different meaning for the ROM. Installing ROM on the Android device is as same as stock firmware ROM installing an operating system on a computer device.
Once your device has been selected, you must click the “Flash” button. Once complete, your device will be unbricked and restored to factory settings. To unbrick your Xiaomi device, you will need to download the stock ROM for your device. You can find the appropriate ROM on the Xiaomi website.